Oh boy do I have a treat for you!
If you don’t already know, I am a huge fan of the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han! Lara Jean (the main character) is a baking genius, and she is in possession of the perfect chocolate chip cookie!
So, obviously I had to try and recreate it.
After hours of digging around, I found a recipe that I’m pretty darn sure Lara Jean would be proud of.
Without further ado, I give you…. (drum roll please)…
Lara Jean’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Tried and tested by yours truly 🙂 and let me tell you what! They are certainly the best cookies I’ve ever had (including homemade, store-bought, bakery bought, etc.!).
(Recipe found on The Cookbook Chronicles. This website that no longer exists.)
- 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature!)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt OR sea salt
- 18 oz. 70% bittersweet chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract, flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well!
- Add chocolate and stir in!
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the cookies batter and them roll into balls. Place them on the baking sheet and dust them with a bit of demerara sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack (this is important!) in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes. When the time is up, the cookies should have a slightly darker color around the edge, while still looking very soft and gooey in the center.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post (and enjoy the cookies!)!
Thanks for reading!